Book Suggestions, Anyone?

Black text "Book suggestions, anyone" on a background of pink alphabet letters


Hello dear booklovers! What's up?

I am just starting to get into the blogosphere... and as you would know if you've read much around here, I will be doing quite a few book reviews (among other things). So I would absolutely love any suggestions for this - favourite novels, biographies, devotionals, short stories etc. God willing, at the very least I will put your book on my future reviews list. That is, if I can obtain it. It will be a complicating factor if I can't!

I would consider plunging into reading a book of your suggestion in order to review it, although probably not a whole series or a 700 page lifework. As much as I love reading, I don't actually have heaps of time on my hands right now! Still, anything is possible. If you have a godly book of that length you feel would bless others, I may give it a try!

And although in the future I probably will review a few secular or worldly books, for now if I'm going to be reading or reviewing something I would prefer it to be godly or at least have moral themes.

And to let you know, my family does have a no-books-with-blasphemy rule. So if your novel of choice has OMG or similar I may not rate it as highly or even not reccomend it.  Though I will read it as much as I feel is necessary to be able to review it well. I know different families have different rules - I absolutely don't judge anyone who doesn't have the same viewpoint!

So... fire away!

~Jemima

Comments

  1. Hi Jemima! I just found your blog through your comment on Lill's blog =)
    I actually just did some of my favorite books blog post. I can give you a list *laughs* what do you like reading, and what reading level are you at? (again, I am new to your blog.)
    God bless,
    SawyerMarie
    Sundropgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there SawyerMarie! Thanks for dropping by!
      Well... I like reading anything, really. I don't have a specific favourite genre. Just probably not Western (sorry Circle C fans)! ;D
      I am quite an advanced reader (eg Charles Dickens and Jules Verne), but again, this isn't really about me and my preferences, it's more about what godly books others would be blessed by. Although it is nice when I get to read a book I'll love!

      I would absolutely love to read a list of your favourites!

      ~ Jemima

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean about Westerns. I only like the Circle C books for westerns.
      Have you read Oliver Twist? I LOVE that book! Have you read any Shakespeare? I would recommend the comedys =)

      Delete
    3. I started Oliver (and was really enjoying it), but it does have quite a lot of blasphemy (My G..d, Good L.rd, etc.) so I didn't end up finishing it. Which is a real shame since Charles Dickens is such a good writer. =(

      Delete

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments; and I do my best to always respond, so check back! Please make sure comments are edifying and God honouring, and if Anonymous commenters could sign their names that would be much appreciated. It's nice to know who I am conversing with. ;D

Popular Posts