Off-Topic #2 || More About This Writer



Hello again friends!

I must apologise for the fact I haven't posted for 9 whole days... Homeschooling has kept me pretty busy lately as has writing a short story for Annika's contest (which was heaps of fun!). 

I thought you guys might like to know a little more about (as SawyerMarie would say!) the girl behind the posts. So far I have only done a short intro in the About page, and maybe it would be nice to unveil the cloud of mystery, ahem, I mean, tell you all more about myself! ;D

Plus, I thought I'd defy the general trend and be almost the only blogger not do a Q&A in the last month. *shocked face* *wink* And since it is time for my turn-of-the-month Off Topic, instead, I will be doing... More About this Writer!


                              。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。


1. My age is... 2 times 22, divided by 2 times 2, plus 2!

2. I was born again when I was 6 years old (which I will be doing a post on soon, God-willing!) God has always been a faithful Friend and Father to me, and every day I am amazed by his forgiveness, protection, and guidance and wisdom. I truly cannot say how much I am blessed to be called out of darkness and into his marvelous, marvelous light! (1 Peter 2:9)

3. My parents were both doctors, but changed their surnames and left the system, and gave it up to serve God as itinerant urban missionaries for 7 years. God wonderfully provided for our family over those years, but has now given us an amazing house with Christian landlords which we have been renting for 2 1/2 years! 

4. I am the oldest of three sisters, and we have been homeschooled all our lives.

5.  I'm a talkative ENFJ type extrovert who loves people and is a natural leader, but I also need time to myself to ponder life and "walk by my wild lone, and wave my wild tail". (one of my favourite quotes by Rudyard Kipling!) So I guess that makes me an introverted extrovert?


 6. I would describe myself as a bit quirky, a deep thinker, passionate, a hungry soul, sometimes emotion driven, very friendly, humourous, word-loving, idealistic, a diver-down-wormholes, and affectionate.

7. I'm an "ideas girl", which means I will either 1) be excitedly telling you about my Latest Great Idea,
2) getting distracted by planning how to carry it out, or, 3) shut up in my room or the office for hours on end actually doing it. This could be anything from starting a blog about godly books (voila!), to building a community garden, to taking a sudden fancy for dance, or inventing my own language (asip os toto?).

8. I love witty and godly quotes, have a mania for random facts, and enjoy research projects and assignments of (almost) any kind.

9. I have 2 handraised purebreed chickens; their names are Marisol and Diana. They are the sweetest things - Marisol in particular is so cute and loves cuddles. The third one (an obnoxious rooster) is in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner... I never got too attached to him. ;P

10. One of my favourite Bible verses (at the moment) is Song of Solomon 2:14. "O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely." Isn't that just beautiful?!?


11.  I adore music. I have no particular favourite genre or even favourite artist; it's more a large (and constantly changing) collection of random songs which have struck a chord with me for some reason. Clair de Lune, a classical piece which I have no adequate words to describe, Your Love is Extravagant by Casting Crowns *sighs rapturously*, Spiegel im Spiegel (another classical one), Who We Are by MDSN, Is He Worthy by Andrew Peterson, Be Thou My Vision, Together by For King and Country, Happy by Pharrel Williams, Known by Tauren Wells.... I could go on, and on, and on.

12. I play the violin almost entirely by ear (meaning I can't read sheet music, I have to hear something to be able to play it.) I also play the ukulele, and my family strums and sings together in harmony and plays a range of Christian music from contemporary to gospel to instrumental bushdance (or barn dance for non-Aussies) jigs. We busk in the streets too; it's a great (and disarming) way to share the gospel and hand out tracts!

13. My favourite word is quiddity; it means the essential nature or essence of something. Plus it sounds great. =D

 
                              。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。+゜゜。。


So, I hope you enjoyed reading a bit (ok, wait a lot) more about yours truly! Can you relate to me in any of these facts? How would you describe yourself in 3 words? I'd love to hear!

Blessings,

~ Jemima





Comments

  1. This was so fun to read!! It's great getting to know more about you, Jemima. :)

    Ellen
    musingsbyellen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! <3333

      Delete
    2. I tried to do the math, but let me warn you: I am NO arithmetic expert.
      Are you . . . 13? 🤗

      Delete
    3. Yes! I think you're the only one who's got it right so far... ;D

      Delete
    4. Wait! I did it 3 times, and all I got was 86 XD

      Delete
  2. Fun to learn more about you. And as for your age...........my calculator came up with 46, which I'm 99.9% sure is wrong. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?!? I've always thought you should never trust those sneaky calculators.... *mutters darkly* I think it may be something to do with the fact that they haven't learnt PEMDAS. You might have to do it mentally... it ain't that hard! ;D

      ~ Jemima

      Delete
    2. I did it on a sheet of paper and came up with a MUCH reasonable answer! (Not 46, LOL.🤣)

      Delete
    3. I did it mentally and got 46........?

      Delete
    4. Nope! This is how I do it:

      2 times 22, divided by (2 times 2), plus 2.

      2 × 22 = 44

      44 ÷ (2×2) = 44 ÷ 4 = 11

      11 + 2 = 13!!!! (not 46)

      Delete
    5. The secret is in the brackets.... it isn't "divided by 2, times 2", it's "divided by (2×2)".

      Delete
  3. So fun Jemima! (love how you called it 'the girl behind the post' lol.
    I would say: Bubbly, extrovert, serving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;D I was trying to think for ages for some other term than yours; I usually don't like copying others, but I couldn't think of anything better!

      ~ Jemima

      Delete
  4. It was nice to get to know you more! You look really similar to one of my best friend's younger sisters. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out who you reminded me of. In answer to your questions, I also love music, but I prefer singing over playing instruments, and I would describe myself as patient, level-headed, and caring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katelyn! It's nice to get to know you better too! :D

      ~ Jemima

      Delete
  5. I loved reading more about you! I would have thought you were like 14..... XD That math problem stumped me... word problems aren't exactly my friends... How often should I do story contests?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Annika! Yeah, people usually think I'm older than I really am... ;D
      Hmmm.... short story contests... well, I loved doing yours! Maybe next time you do one more people will be able to submit their stories on time. Second times often work better! ;D So, maybe in 3 months or so? It's really up to you.

      ~ Jemima

      Delete
    2. Hey Jemima! Reading your blog after a pretty long time! An artistry blog can be a handful, you know! And the math problem... YOUR A HUNDRED YEARS OLD?! Just kidding! It was fun getting to know about you better! And hey, would you mind if i took this idea and posted the same thing in my blog- like, a post for others to get to know me better? Anyways, Stay home, Stay safe!

      Delete
    3. *laughs* No worries Kavinila, you're most welcome to copy this! I would love to read it when you post it! ;D

      ~ Jemima

      Delete

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments; and I do my best to always respond, so check back! Please make sure comments are edifying and God honouring, and if Anonymous commenters could sign their names that would be much appreciated. It's nice to know who I am conversing with. ;D

Popular Posts