Off-Topic #3 - My Favourite Things Tag!

*humming* 

🎵 Raindrop on roses and- 🎵


Oh, hey there my hearties!

During my weeks of blog inactivity, I missed an Off-Topic of the month... so here I am to make up for it! Without further ado, I present to you my First Ever Tag on this blog! 😁



~ Rules ~

___________________________________________________________________________________

1. Thank and link back to whoever tagged you. Thanks heaps, Katelyn!

2. Thank and link back to the person who started this tag. Thank you Beth!

3. Write about 8 of your favourite things.

4. Be sure to add at least 2 related pictures and/or GIFS!

5. Tag 8 people. (Or if you don't know 8 people, then do as many as you can! :D)

6. Put the rules in your post.

7. And finally, be sure to include the picture above at the beginning of your post!
____________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so, here are my answers! *rubs hands in excitement* I can't wait to do this tag! 😄 Oh, and these 8 things won't be in order of popularity. I'll just write what comes to mind!



1. Jonquils and daffodils.




I adore these flowers! Their perfumes are absolutely wonderful, and I love how dainty and ethereal they look. Plus, I hardly ever see them, so it's a surprise when I find a cluster growing somewhere.  One of my favourite original poems is titled 'Jonquils'. I will have to share it here soon! 


2. Wide open spaces.




I'm not sure why, but vast, lonely spaces always give me shivers of delight. Whether it's the ocean stretching out to the horizon, or the infinite sky spreading over a landscape, I always love getting lost in endless nature. Infinity is beautiful!



3. Finishing writing a good poem.



It's wonderful when God puts words into your heart and they just flow out onto paper. Usually this happens at 11 pm after lying awake for an hour or so...  though I don't know how much this counts as "My Favourite Things', because often I really don't want to stumble out of a warm bed and grab my notebook. xP But I hate to miss a burst of inspiration, and so it's wonderful to fall asleep with a contented heart and snatches of a finished poem running through your mind...


4. Sincere words of appreciation.

 


Ok, I'm sure we all love this. But especially me! Isn't it nice when someone genuinely is blessed by you or what you do? 😊


5. The medieval ages.



 Anything involving beautiful elaborate costumes, long hair, epic music!!!, the wild, harps and flutes, bravery, flowing capes, dragons, cunningly made weapons, scrolls and leather pouches, powerful horses... yes, I could go on for ages... 😉  (was that a pun? well, it wasn't intended!)


6. Sticky date pudding.



*pudding eyes* I would have to say this is my favourite ever dessert. Served warm, with a generous lashing of oozy caramel sauce, and possibly a scoop of vanilla icecream.... Mmm-mmm!

7. Dancing to the Lord!



Lately, my sisters and I have been making up dance routines to Christian songs, which has been so much fun! (Even despite the arguments discussions about whether the stag leap or the melt would work better in verse 2...) Currently we're working on a dance for O God Forgive Us, by For King and Country. 

8. A scripture verse that speaks to my heart.



It is such a blessing when the Spirit reveals a bible verse that you can hold on to and treasure; especially when you're struggling with fear, doubt, or you're in a spiritual conflict. "How sweet are thy words to my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding, therefore I hate every false way." ~ Psalm 119: 103-104

BONUS ANSWER!!!

9. Personality Tests.



Ok, I know this is a little out-of-the-ordinary... but I have a mania for finding out which book/movie character I'm most like, or categorizing myself, others, and even animals, into neat and
organised and definable boxes. Yup. That's me! 😂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I tag: 
 
 

So, that's it, folks! 😊 Hasn't God made so many things for us to enjoy?!? Which of these Favourite Things can you relate to? What's your favourite kind of pie? I would love to hear in the comments!  

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Blessings,



Thank you Annika for drawing this for me!!! 



Daffodil photo by Amelie Ohlrogge from Unsplash. 
Plains photo by Yuriy Bogdanov froom Unsplash.
Writing photo by Ketut Subianto from Pexels.
Watermelon photo by Caju Gomes from Unsplash.
Hugging photo by Noelle Otto from Pexels.
Medieval photo by Anna Gru from Unsplash.
Sticky date pudding photo by Aainaa on Kitchen Stories.
Dancer photo by David Hoffman from Unsplash.
Reading Bible photo by nappy from Pexels.
Girls photo by thiszun(follow me on IG, FB) from Pexels.

Thank you everyone for letting me use your photos! 😉
















Comments

  1. This was fun to read, Jemima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I relate with your love of flowers and wide open spaces (though I had to look up jonquils) 😆 As for favorite kind of pie... lemon meringue or chocolate satin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, chocolate satin sounds so yummy! Though I have never tasted either it or lemon meringue pie. Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  3. This was so cool! Personality tests are fun;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Leah! They definitely are! *winks*

      Delete
  4. This looks fun! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! I also love personality things too! Its so fun!! I've never really thought of liking open spaces but seeing that picture, that it SO beautiful!!! <3

    Thanks for tagging me, I'm excited to do this tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooklyn! Your answers were really fun and I could totally relate! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments; and I do my best to always respond, so check back! Please make sure comments are edifying and God honouring, and if Anonymous commenters could sign their names that would be much appreciated. It's nice to know who I am conversing with. ;D

Popular Posts