A Change of Tagline



Hello friends!

By now you would have noticed that *drummmmroll please* 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁.... I have a brand-spanking-new blog banner!

I think my blog focus has changed a little; I still want to be about godly books and literature, but in a broader way, and along with other things. Godly books aren't the ultimate way to redeem the time - they're wonderful, but I think there are lots of other ways I could encourage people to enjoy being useful in His kingdom. 

So, instead of "godly books for all", The Seeking Book's new tagline is "redeeming time + talents". I guess it's pretty self explanatory: redeeming the time (Ephesians 5:16) by looking outwards, and using our talents and passions wisely (the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30). So, if you love cooking and that's your talent - use it for God's glory! How? There are so many fun and enjoyable opportunities to do what you're passionate about, but in satisfying and eternally valuable ways. And those ways are, God willing, what I'll be blogging about.

We can be purposeful, teens! We can defy the stereotypes and be mature and creative and inspiring and passionate! We can be pioneers for the gospel, no matter how young we are! Why waste 7 years between 13 and 19 just waiting for... what? Life is short! We can share Christ with the world in ways that adults can't; we can influence and reach out for the poor and suffering in the world! We can lose our lives for His sake: but only through Him. That's why Christian children are set apart and able to do these things: it's because, if we are truly saved, we have the moving and powerful Holy Spirit in us.

So, I hope this has inspired/motivated/encouraged you: I'm excited for the next posts here! I think I'll next be doing a series on how we can use our specific talents and young men and women who have done the same. I may even have a Q&A form to get your thoughts on it! *grins*

Blessings,


Comments

  1. I love the new banner and the new mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea!! I was inspired just by reading this post. <3 Can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen, I really appreciate your sweet comment! *hugs* Glory to God!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm excited about the direction this blog is going, and this post did encourage me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Leona! I'm excited as well; my blogging horizons have definitely broadened! ;D

      Delete
  4. I love it Jemima!
    (I sent you an email)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annika! *heads to my inbox*

      Delete

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments; and I do my best to always respond, so check back! Please make sure comments are edifying and God honouring, and if Anonymous commenters could sign their names that would be much appreciated. It's nice to know who I am conversing with. ;D

Popular Posts