Some Poetry to Share

 

 

 Hello dear people created in the image of God!

I have been meaning to share some of the poems God has given to me for ages... and now is the time!😄
I'm just going through my battered notebook now - it has about a zillion poems, short stories, lists and journallings... not a few of them unfinished. 😏 

After a bit of thinking, I have decided to post 2 poems today - I pray you are as blessed reading them as I was writing them! (Not trying to be cliche there... it honestly was such a joy to be able to express God's world (at least a little) as He sees it.) All glory to Him! 
 
 
 
I mentioned in my last post that I wrote a poem about these flowers! It isn't the most grand-sounding
poem, and it doesn't even have any particular meter or structure. But that's because I wrote it in about 5 minutes while on a morning walk with my Mum and sisters - the inspiration (a.k.a. a cluster of jonquils) struck, and I didn't have time to puzzle over rhyming words and the number of syllables! ;D But that's the nice thing about a sudden burst of creativity - you don't have time to lose the spark, and so whatever you're creating is fresh and alive.
 

 ~ Jonquil ~


This morning I found some treasure
Happily startled, I exclaimed in delight
"The jonquils! I found some!"
Sodden with dew and spangled with raindrops
They still smelt like spring in the frosty morning

My footprints melt winter from the grass
This morning I found some treasure
And now I have a jonquil dewdrop on my nose!



This next poem I wrote while watching the sun set over the river (again, on a family walk). Funnily enough, it has a (slightly) similar rhythm to the verse for the song "O God Forgive Us", by For King and Country. I had that song floating through my head at the time, and so I wrote the poem to the beat of that song. 😄
 
 
 
 
 
 ~ Coming Home ~
 
 
a black pine branch lines the pinkened sky
the river holds the first dusk star
water and sky in a perfect dance
a traveler is coming home

the feathers soar on a soft grey wing
no other nest to call them back
a silence pure in the evening air
a weary one is coming home

a father's child on the bank below
a life of sin has brought him low
head held high but a wounded soul
the prodigal son is coming home

pearly ripples kiss a fallen log
a bird and man find creation's song
who can know how far God will go
to bring two wandering creatures home
 
 
 
 
 I hope you were encouraged by those poems! May God bless you, keep you, and make His face to shine upon you! And if you have not found Christ and assurance of His salvation, may you seek his full and free forgiveness which He gives to all who truly call upon His name. 


Blessings, 
 
 
 
 









 


 
 
 
 
 
 





 

 

Comments

  1. Those were great! I loved the last two lines of the second poem: "who can know how far God will go / to bring two wandering creatures home"; my answer to that would be "He went all the way to the grave and hell to bring His prodigals home." �� But yeah, we can't really fathom it.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! All Glory to God! I was thinking about making the last line "who can know how far God HAS gone" (instead of "how far God WILL go"). But I like how you put it! With our human minds we can never fully grasp the amount
      He suffered for us - but even the small part we can understand is enough to make us utterly thankful and full of praise for His unmerited sacrifice! Thank you Lord!

      Have a blessed week!

      ~ Jemima

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!! 😍😍😍 These poems so creative and whimsical. I throughly enjoyed the read. 💛
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Ellie! Your comment really brought a smile to my face! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Jemima! How's it going Down Under?(did I use that right?) Those poems are really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments; and I do my best to always respond, so check back! Please make sure comments are edifying and God honouring, and if Anonymous commenters could sign their names that would be much appreciated. It's nice to know who I am conversing with. ;D

Popular Posts